1º day – “Welcome day”
- Its the arrival day, we advised who arrives ate Porto with enough time to rest from travelling by plane or car. If travelling by plane we will receive you at the airport (OPORTO) by one of our guides and they will take you to your hotel /accommodation.
- At night you will be offered dinner in the Ribeira of Porto.
- Although our expedition is not in Porto and in the Douro River, our meeting places are, so we start the expedition together, with enthusiasm, excitement and provide information about the expedition.
2º day – “From Oporto to Póvoa de Midões”
(Póvoa de Midões / Aguieira – 22,45km / 13,95 miles)
- After a social dinner and a good night rest, we will drive to the starting point of our expedition, that will take about 2 hours- Here all safety information will be given as well as an adaptation to the boats. We are at a distance 23.5 km to Albufeira da Aguieira, a place with beautiful landscape you can observe.
- We will arrive in the afternoon at Albufeira da Aguieira, where a very special moment is awaiting us ….
3º day – “Between dams”
(Agueira / Coiço – 9,39km / 5,84miles)
- After a restful night, in the morning we return to Mondego, but this time at a lower level, across the bay of Aguieira. After a route where the scenery if of natural beauty, we will reach the small dam Coiço. Here we will have lunch in the town of Anger, overlooking the Mondego.
- We arrive by car at the town of Penacova, where a magnificent river beach invites us for a rest. We will have the opportunity to visit Penacova, and will have dinner and sleep here.
4º day – “From Penacova to the Students city”
(Penacova / Coimbra– 21,80km / 13,55miles)
- The next morning we leave the beautiful village of Penacova back, heading towards Coimbra. The stunning continuous landscape, the green predominates, small towns are emerging on the margins. The beauty of the river beaches that emerge in each bend of the river, are of a unique beauty inviting for a swim. The first stop is in Caneiro, a small town to visit.
- When travelled another 5 km to Misarela, a semi-urban place, with some rural characteristics, Torres do Mondego parish, in the county Coimbra, Portugal. This village, which is bathed by the Mondego River, has a pleasant, relaxing river beach called River beach of haystacks and Zorro.
- In the afternoon we will sail to the city of students, Coimbra. Here we will have the opportunity to visit and stay overnight. The university and the botanical garden are two ex-libris of the city, required points of visit.
5º day – “From Coimbra to the Castle of Montemor-o-velho”
(Coimbra / Montemor-o-velho – 23.5km / 13miles)
- After a social dinner and a good night, here we are in the Mondego to begin our 4th day expedition. We will travel 23.5 km to Montemor – o – Velho, a green and a landscape. We will have lunch in the small town of Pereira.
- We will come to Montemor-o-Velho in the afternoon, where we will have the opportunity to visit the medieval castle of the town, from the century. IX. Then we will have dinner and sleep at this friendly town of Montemor-o-velho.
6º day – “Destiny – Figueira da Foz”
(Montemor-o-Velho/ Figueira da Foz – 22km / ?miles)
- After a restful night, in the morning we return to the Mondego, where we expect the last 22km to Figueira da Foz.
- The low Mondego green plains are a constant until we get to Figueira da Foz.
- We will have the opportunity to swim in the river and enjoy the vast rice fields along the valley.
The price of expedition includes
- – Liability insurance
- – Life jackets
- – 5 meals a day
- – Transport
- – Kayak
- – Book of remembrance
For reservations or more information, please contact by email – email@example.com or mobile phone – 00 351 916 194 664