1º day – “Welcome day”
- Its the arrival day, we advised who arrives at Porto with enough time to rest from travelling by plane or car. If travelling by plane we will receive you at the airport (OPORTO) by one of our guides and they will take you to your hotel /accommodation. We will have time to visit the emblematic places of the city of Porto, all by a panoramic bus.
- At night you will have a free dinner and visit to the “presépio” which is the ribeira do Porto World heritage , classified by UNESCO .
- You will also be given information about the expedition.
2º day – “The expedition begin!”
(Pinhão/Régua – 23.74 km / 14.75 miles)
- In the beautiful train station of São Bento, we will catch a train to Pinhão that will take 2h30m. This region is marked by the oldest region in wine, enchanted valleys , crystalline waters. This valley is protected and classified by UNESCO by heritage and humanity.
- We will have lunch at Pinhão where we will talk about all the information you need to know about the expedition, and safety rules. We will travel to the city of Régua 23,74km -14.75miles.
3º day- “From the vineyards to Caldas de Aregos”
(Régua/Caldas de Aregos – 23.72 km / 14.47 miles)
- In this region of the Douro we will pass by and observe a view with many large farms producing port wine, the landscape is more countryside ,with small farms and villages with their small farmlands. After travelling 23.72km we arrive at Caldas de Aregos where awaits us a unique Spa moment.
4º day- “Destiny – between rivers”
(Caldas de Aregos/Entre-os-rios – 27.85km / 17.31miles)
- After a restful night in one of the most beautiful villages on the margins of Douro, we continue to the dam of Carrapatelo (11.54km, 7.17miles). The dam of Carrapatelo has the largest gap of all dams in the basin of the Douro . We will have lunch in Espadanedo and will continue to Entre-os-rios where Tamega flows into the Douro. The green of vineyards will be replaced by green of the forest, and agricultural fields of small villages along the valley.
- We will stay for the night in a village in Douro.
5º day – “The last dam!”
(Entre-os-rios – Crestuma – 25.97km / 16.14miles)
- Today we will go to Entre os Rios by car until where our boats stayed..
- Today , we will sail on the calm waters of the Douro River. . We will go to the Crestuma dam the last dam until we get to Porto.
- We will have dinner with a beautiful view to the Douro River.
6º day- “The final destination – Oporto”
(Crestuma – Porto – 15km / 9.38miles)
- We will have the opportunity to pass by Crestuma, an ever interesting experience to observe and experience the whole procedure of passage to a portion of lower water.
- The landscape of Crestuma if very green in the first 9km with little villages in the margins of the river , then the landscape begins to be more urban when where getting to porto . Ribeira the highest point and the surrounding areas, considered world heritage classified by UNESCO.
The price of expedition includes:
- – Liability insurance
- – Life jackets
- – 5 meals a day
- – Transport
- – Kayak
- – Book of remembrance
For reservations or more information, please contact by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile phone – 00 351 916 194 664