1º day – “Welcome day”
- Its the arrival day, we advised who arrives at Porto with enough time to rest from travelling by plane or car. If travelling by plane we will receive you at the airport (OPORTO) by one of our guides and they will take you to your hotel /accommodation. We will have time to visit the emblematic places of the city of Porto, all by a panoramic bus.
- At night you will be offered dinner wih a sight to the Ribeira do Porto.
- You will be given information about the expedition.
2º day – “From the vineyards to Caldas de Aregos” (Régua / Caldas de Aregos – 23.72km / 14 miles)
- At the beautiful train station São Bento, will catch the train to Régua (2h00m). This trip will be splendid , marked by the city of the oldest wine in the world, also by its enchanted valley , where the river water is crystalline and reflects by its unique beauty. This valley is protected by UNESCO heritage site.
- Lunch will be at Régua, where we will talk about the boarding boats information and safety. We will sail about 23,72km, from Régua to Caldas de Aregos.
- In this Region of Douro we will have views of many large farms producing port wine , for a more pleasant landscape we will see small farms and villages with their small farmlands. After 23,72kkm we arrive at Caldas de Aregos where an unique moment is waiting for us… . Surprise!
3º day – “Destiny – between rivers” (Caldas de Aregos / Entre-os-rios – 27.85km / 17.31miles)
- After a restful night in one of the most beautiful villages on the margins of the Douro, we follow to the dam of Carrapatelo (11.54km, 7.17miles). The dam Carrapatelo has the largest gap of all dams in the basin of the Douro navigable. We will have lunch in Espadanedo and will continue to Entre-os-rios where Tamega flows into the Douro. The green of vineyards is replaced by green forest, agricultural fields of small villages along the valley.
- We will stay in a village in the Douro Valley, in a very familiar environment.
4º day – “The last dam!” (Entre-os-rios – Crestuma – 25,97km / 16.14miles)
- After a good night rest, we will drive to Entre-os-rios where our boats stayed.
- Today we sail in the calm waters of the Douro, along a wonderful valley . Our destination is to the dam of Crestuma, which will be the last dam before the arrival at Porto.
- We will have dinner at restaurant with a wonderful view to the Douro River.
5º day – “The final destination – Oporto” (Crestuma / Porto – 15km / 9.38miles)
- We will have the opportunity to spend the sluice Crestuma, which is always an interesting experience to observe and the whole procedure of the water lowering.
The price of expedition includes
- – Liability insurance
- – Life jackets
- – 5 meals a day
- – Transport
- – Kayak
- – Book of remembrance
For reservations or more information, please contact by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile phone – 00 351 916 194 664